Saturday, August 7, 2010

Facts on a Music Video






Well, I've written two, long, personal posts in a row now, and I'm a bit tired. It takes a long time to write posts, edit them, and make them the best they can be. (My posts could still have used some work.) So, today, I'll post a music video I came across a month or two ago.

I'd never heard of Sky Sweetnam before, and even now, I've not had time to listen to her other songs. But this song is inspirational. "We're only human, seperated by our thoughts." How true. We go around complaining about having to deal with other people and generally treating them not only as strangers but also as a completely different species. We don't know them, so we think they must be scary or weird and we avoid them or dislike them. Democrats and Republicans, rich and poor, and so on. We're very similar, very human, God's children, descendants of the first two people. We should treat each other like family, but because we THINK we're so different, every second of every day, other people seem unpredictable, unknown, and dangerous. We can't imagine what's going on in their heads, if anything. It's like they're robots or giant walking carnivorous plants or empty corn husks. It's like, "They don't have feelings like me, so who knows if they have any feelings at all?" Because of this, we treat each other with distance and coldness. Our thoughts separate us. The rest of the lyrics are meaningful too, about how media and marketing and such influence us. The music is enjoyable.

The video is delightfully dark. I like the futuristic, dystopian, time-machine, people-turned-animals feel of it. I like Sky Sweetnam's outfits too, except for the word A$$ on her pants. This is the only version I could get the Embed off of, so you have to wait through a short intro.




No comments:

Post a Comment