Sunday, August 15, 2010

31 Days - What Keeps my Motor Ticking...or Whatever







Well, this is my 31st post. That's as many posts as there are days of the month. I don't have any followers or comments. I recently got the "StatCounter," and I think it's trying to tell me something. That I've had 2 or 3 visitors that aren't me. Granted, that's not many, and they don't comment. What keeps me going, then? Pathetically posting day after day while I get no feedback?


Well, I know from experience that just because no one comments doesn't mean no one cares. I've been that person who reads blogs without Following or commenting. I usually don't have anything to say or don't feel it needs to be said. Even so, I enjoy new posts, and I wish more bloggers posted every day. I get bored, okay? And I NEED new things, and I NEED them every day. Who doesn't, really? Ah, if I could but count on new reading material from my favorite bloggers every day. If they started posting daily, though, I'd be disappointed if they ever missed a day. It is for this reason, for this reason, I keep writing. Because maybe someone somewhere would be disappointed to check my blog and find nothing new.


I blog also to practice writing every day, as it is said writers should. Blogging forces writing. If I am not forced to write, I actually fear it, avoid it. I hoped that blogging daily would give me the boost I need to write on other projects too. Unfortunately, that only works some days. Some days, it drains me just to write the post.


I blog, having previously dreamed of publishing my reviews of movies, books, and music. I haven't done that much, but I hope to do more of it.


I blog to fill the internet with benevolent posts of wisdom, fighting stupidity and hatred in the world by sharing my glorious insights.


I blog to ramble about stupid little matters that no one in real life has the patience to listen to me about even though I find them utterly engrossing. Such is the case with most of my posts.


I blog for I don't know how much longer. You see, although it doesn't necessarily mean no readers care because just as many comment, it quite possibly does. And I am collecting responsibilities like dust, dust that wasn't around when I started this blog. And I shouldn't waste time, even though it diverts me so.


Therefore, if anyone out there would like me to continue posting, please say so and I shall consider that in my calculations.


I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment