Thursday, August 18, 2011

Final Edition of Summer 2011 To-Do

Greetings. I hail from my college dorm room. Where I am terrified. I wish I'd been able to post this yesterday or the day before, so that it could have the light-hearted tone I wanted it to. I was busy packing and trying to fix my very troublesome computer and saying goodbye to family. All preparation for today, my first day at college. Anyway, it will still be mostly light-hearted. Forward ho! I'm continuing my Summer To-Do Lists. Coming after the first, and the second, this is the third part. . . Is that obvious?

1. Finish Skulduggery reviews and ask Derek to read them

I surely did. Definitely one of the high points of my summer.


2. Find another fantastic series to read (it's excruciatingly hard to find fantastic fantasy books)

I half succeeded. I found The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, which isn't exactly a series, and I found the Theodosia series by R. L. LaFevers, which I don't precisely love, but it's enjoyable enough.


3. Read, read, read (Just relax and read. I haven't done so in many summers.)

Not so much. When I did read a lot, near the start of summer, I was also working on my tan so I wasn't really relaxing. And then I read less and less as the summer went on.


4. Write at least 13 short stories

Sigh. Sadly, no. But I started one I like.


5. Finish any other stories

Sigh.


6. Watch, watch, watch (I love movies. So many movies, so little time.)

I watched a reasonable number of movies. I think I watched all the new releases I wanted to see.


7. Blog, blog, blog (So many ideas, so little time!)

I'm pretty disappointed in how little I blogged.


8. The stuff I SHOULD do (reading physics, reviewing chemistry, preparing for college)

I'm not as disappointed in how little I did this, but I still didn't do it much.


9. Try to meditate (see, 'cause I'm not even sure what that entails)

I finally did the day before yesterday, using this article. It was fun.


10. Try to make habit of drinking hot beverages every morning (to avoid colds like I have now)

I made a habit of doing it sporadically. I really have to start working on it, though, if I want to stay healthy through the school year.


11. Do new stuff, it's fun (Doesn't have to be "exciting," as long as it's new.)

I think I did a good amount of this, and that's partly why I didn't do a lot of the other stuff. I think I really meant, "Do SPONTANEOUS stuff," stuff I never really thought about doing but did when it presented itself. I think I did well. I went on a couple trips with my mom to historic and/or scenic locations, went to several movies in theaters, got my first pedicure, stayed at a distant friend's house for two nights, walked around town by myself and got much better with the crossing of streets and such, got a comment from Derek, planted tomatoes, went wading when our roads flooded, went bowling, water-baloon fighting. looking at tiny baby frogs at the pond, and lots of other little activities where I just went with the flow.

I learned a good deal. I changed a good deal. Overall, this summer was a good deal. I'll have to post more about it later, but I'm tired now, and being tired isn't helping me feel better after five minutes of an overly depressing Personal Safety talk that was part of my first day. I'll have to post about that too. Geez, so much to post about, so little time, and seriously, so little time. I can't gaurantee how often I'll post once school starts on Monday, or even before then, but I hope to post enough to help me get through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment