Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer List

I haven't forgotten you! I've just been editing five posts all at once so that I may post them all at once. They're reviews of Skulduggery Pleasant, and I hope to get Derek Landy, the series' author, to read them. *Insert big hopeful smile here.* It might seem like a long-shot to get a famous author to read an obscure blog, but Derek is awesome about interacting with his fans and reading their work, so it's not inconceivable that he'd read this. (I hope I didn't just jinx it.) Even if he doesn't, I'll have five fresh posts for anyone interested in phenomenal books.

I really want to post a summer to-do list. Other people have posted them on their blogs, so I'll just, um, copy them?

1. Finish Skulduggery reviews and ask Derek to read them

2. Find another fantastic series to read (it's excruciatingly hard to find fantastic fantasy books)

3. Read, read, read (Just relax and read. I haven't done so in many summers.)

4. Write at least 13 short stories

5. Finish any other stories

6. Watch, watch, watch (I love movies. So many movies, so little time.)

7. Blog, blog, blog (So many ideas, so little time!)

8. The stuff I SHOULD do (reading physics, reviewing chemistry, preparing for college)

9. Try to meditate (see, 'cause I'm not even sure what that entails)

10. Try to make habit of drinking hot beverages every morning (to avoid colds like I have now)

11. Do new stuff, it's fun (Doesn't have to be "exciting," as long as it's new.)

I may add more later.

So far this summer, I've been productively lazy. I've already done something new by helping out at a local school to sort of herd children around in their summer camps. I got paid too! I won't stop there, though. I'm wondering about loitering. You know, hanging around town, going wherever I feel like going however slowly I feel like going. That sounds like enormous fun. And yes, I have a cold. Sniffle. It helps me drink hot beverages, though. I think I MAY have meditated, but as I said, I'm not sure what that means. Too lazy to Google it. Haven't done much I SHOULD. Haven't blogged much. Seen and enjoyed quite a few movies (first to mind are Inception and Toy Story 3, which were both okay). Haven't finished any stories. Started a couple short stories. Read several books (most only halfway through). No luck yet. Sometimes I wonder about my goal to find a new obsess-able series (or two or three). It distracts me from serious work. But I just need something to really care about, you know? "We act as if comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about." -- Charles Kingsly (Of course, I'm also enthusiastic about comfort and luxury...)

Now and then, hopefully once a week, I'll update you on how I'm doing on this list. I'll definitely update you at the end of the summer.

Look out for the reviews. I'm close.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck doing your list! Looking forward to those five posts :) x

    ReplyDelete