Monday, August 8, 2011

I've Gone and Gotten Myself a Blog Award!

Well, Amyrose just GAVE me a blog award out of the goodness of her heart. I didn't do much for it (except be glorious, but still, it was mostly Amy's generousness). And now, I can do that thing people do where they put the awards they've won down the sides of their blogs. Heehee! It doesn't get any better than this. =D




Everyone say "Yay Minnie!" . . . Or don't, that's up to you, but now I think I have to post seven facts about myself and pass this award on.

1. I really like when I empty the garbage (not so much the emptying part, but the following part) and I put in new liner and it's all clean and empty and I throw in the inaugural garbage and it kind of disappears in the white slack of the new garbage bag. I just really like it.

2. I have brown hair and brown eyes, and I love both, though I recently got blue streaks put in my hair just for fun.

. . . Hmm. So many facts about me. It's hard to pick.

3. I always get inspired when I go to Barnes & Noble and browse, even quickly, over all the books, their pretty covers and imaginative premises.

4. Spiderman's my favorite superhero. I mean the Spiderman from the 1992 TV series, Spiderman. He's so snarky, punny, deep, persevering, heroic, handsome -- all tall and muscular, with those big, expressive spider-costume eyes -- and I relate to him a lot.

5. Hannah Montana was a terrible show, and High School Musical was a terrible movie, but I love their songs. Why are you looking at me like that? They're fun, they're upbeat, they're dance-worthy. . . I'm not weird.

6. I'm hungry. That's a weak excuse for a fact, though. I mean, how long will THAT last. Um, I once had braces. I was really excited for them beforehand, and I never really grew to hate them -- though relations with the teeth-correcting apparatus were difficult on days the orthodontist adjusted it. I mean, sometimes they were green, sometimes blue, sometimes glow-in-the-dark. What a way to express individuality.

7. I AM still hungry. But more importantly, my favorite color is purple. It's rich, deep, and regal, just like me. Well, I'm rich in spirit, and regal at certain intervals, but almost always deep.

Now to pass this on. I could pass it on to a few people, I suppose. But I don't actually talk to some of the bloggers whose blogs I read, and I'd feel weird giving them an award.

I know one for sure though! (Unless she already has this award?)

Eleanor Roscuro of Apostrophe

Yep, Eleanor's blog is probably the first one I really got into that wasn't by someone famous, and she opened my eyes to the fact that un-famous people can still punctuate a sentence and to the fact that someone else feels what I do. =) Thanks, Eleanor. (For the record, I don't care that much about punctuation or spelling, but when people don't punctuate or spell correctly, it often means they don't care about what they're writing.)

Now, I wasn't going to do this at first, but...why not, you know?

Derek Landy of Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress

Yay! He's not a follower of mine, and I'm not sure I'm allowed to pass this on to non-followers. I'm also not sure he'll bother with this whole award, seven facts, pass it on deal. But he's extremely nice, and I'm sure he'll appreciate it when I pop up on his blog and say, "I'm giving you the One Lovely Blog Award. It's a thing, really, and I'm giving it to you." =) Yep, yep.



I really regret not posting more this summer, but I have a new post coming very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Ah you're welcome! :) Blue streaks? how cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will talk about this award in a post on Apostrophe in a few days, but I'll just say now (because it's 00:47 and I'm tired) that this means so, so much to me. Thank you.

    Bye now.

    Eleanor Roscuro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're very, very welcome, Eleanor. =) Can't wait for the new post.

    ReplyDelete